December really is long, and dark, and cold, isn’t it? So, a personal recipe to push back on the tired…
1. Drink coffee. Bring one for a friend.
2. Immerse yourself in real things: crayons, knitting needles, books. Back away from digital things for awhile…
3. Engage in meaningful professional conversations with amazing educators.
5. Put on something nicer than your mood feels. Your mood’ll catch up.
7. Play a song you love really loudly and sing along unapologetically. Enthusiastically wave to anyone who catches you. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud and clear for all to hear.”
8. Sound a barbaric yawp.
9. Find humour.
It’s the tired time of year, teacher friends, take time for yourself and the things that make the world a little brighter.
I’d love to know know where you put your focus that makes the world shiny when it feels tired.