So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- RT @calgaryherald: RT @anstevens99: this afternoon was the worst I have seen in 18 years. Two foot snow drifts in left lane on Deerfoot & b… 2 days ago
- RT @metrocalgary: CBE says Tuesday bus service has been cancelled due to weather conditions. Schools will still be open; parents can send k… 2 days ago
- RT @mattBgomez: How My Students And I Make Meaning Together: An Actual Unit Outline goo.gl/H13pz6 via @TeachThought 5 days ago
- RT @kevindeforge: Teaching In the cloud: How Google Drive is revolutionising the classroom zite.to/1afntPu 5 days ago
- Today was a fun day as I got to work with a set of 10 iPads on loan from the CBE. Good day! Lots of collaboration and learning between sts 6 days ago