So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- Good morning, Shoes! Want some miles for breakfast? Let's make 'em hilly. #swimbikerun #love #sunonface http://t.co/hHmi5LNKmw 21 hours ago
- Thx to @1legoson for introducing me to art markers by tweeting his work! having fun using mine! Spiderman 4 DS no. 2. http://t.co/zb9Ojf1JRA 1 day ago
- http://t.co/87ocWWzHkp 5 days ago
- RT @mccullough9: Great pic of the #SAMR model... #2learn #rdcrs http://t.co/qqPEAiE65P 5 days ago
- RT @trifattytri: Do 1 thing to make the world a better place today. 5 days ago