So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- RT @catclark: Two Case Studies: How Connected Educators Can Transform Schools | MindShift blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2013… #yycbe #abcdp 2 days ago
- ...and I forgot to tag all those answers... #construct512 5 days ago
- Such a great assembly today with @urstrong! My students are now busy writing blogs about what they learned! 6 days ago
- Q4 Do you have any questions? #Construct512 1 week ago
- Q3 Do you think Webquests are a good match with a Constructivist approach? Why or why not? #Construct512 1 week ago