So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- Painted myself a new pair of shoes over the break. Purple: Mme before coffee Yellow: Mme after coffee ;) http://t.co/QJYiOBp5mi 3 days ago
- RT @c_quong: Finland schools: Subjects are out and ‘topics’ are in as country reforms its education system ind.pn/1CGR3BZ #edchat #… 4 days ago
- Thanks @DDS346 for fantastic student-led conferences. Student and teacher effort was apparent! Amazing community of learners. 1 week ago
- RT @TCrawford2011: Instructing kids while they sit on the floor helps ensure that you will keep your lessons short. Good tip! #daily5 2 weeks ago
- 1st 10k of the season; teenagers wrote inspirational graffiti on my path. Totally made my run. 77 days to #runyyc http://t.co/MZu8n74HYF 2 weeks ago