So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- RT @PrincipalSmart: Looking for a grade 6 teacher right now if anyone knows of someone still looking. #saskedchat 1 day ago
- RT @Beakerhead: The countdown to #Beakerhead2014 is on. The proof is @calgarytransit City Hall C-Train station! http://t.co/qcRCygYWum 1 day ago
- some release time fr my class to work w teachers on tech proj. Would like online planner where time can be reserved & we can co-plan. 4 days ago
- Team teaching next year. Seeking ideas for keeping a day book together with my partner. Google docs? Planbook? Ideas?? 4 days ago
- RT @wmchamberlain: I suggest you intentionally teach commenting to your students. Good comments are hard to write but are worth a 100 bad o… 2 weeks ago