So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- RT @gcouros: RT @DaisyDyerDuerr: 25 Ways To Ask Your Kids 'So How Was School Today?' Without Asking Them 'How Was School Today?' http://t.c… 2 days ago
- Technology lends itself to a whole new way of doing things not just doing the old things in a new way. http://t.co/btiBd9MfBA 2 days ago
- Excited for a new year of learning with an inspiring bunch of educators at @kinggeorgecbe Good things are happening! 2 days ago
- RT @PrincipalSmart: Looking for a grade 6 teacher right now if anyone knows of someone still looking. #saskedchat 1 week ago
- RT @Beakerhead: The countdown to #Beakerhead2014 is on. The proof is @calgarytransit City Hall C-Train station! http://t.co/qcRCygYWum 1 week ago