So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- RT @TeacherMelissa: Open Letter to my Son's Kindergarten Teacher by Philip Kovacs medium.com/teaching-learn… 12 hours ago
- RT @cherraolthof: Some cool resources to help with inquiry/design thinking. #sparkshiftlab http://t.co/HMUzio6NLb 12 hours ago
- Huge thx for family support in prep 4 #imyyc! Even kids got in on some long slow distance. #legacytrail #myironside http://t.co/JypMocd9wx 1 week ago
- RT @NightShiftMD: Smooth seas do not make for skilled sailors. The lesson from a proverb that reminds me that every good thing I've ever do… 1 week ago
- RT @mdhero: Many teachers want more than just a PD workshop. Get someone in the class with the teacher to get them comfortable using tech.… 1 week ago