So this? Yeah… this is pretty cool! I had my students make fraction movies today. Using the app “Explain Everything” they recorded a lesson or an explanation of their understanding. I can imagine using this recorded lesson as a resource for students in the future. It’s also a great way for students to communicate their thinking without having to write it all out. I can get their ideas even when I don’t have the time in class to sit down with each group during class time – I can review their movie after the students have left for the day. As I said to the students, there will be a learning curve with the software. The movie they made today is not as good as the movies they will make in the future. We reviewed a couple of movies in math class and students discussed the math, critiqued their own work and provided constructive criticism for other groups. Some really powerful stuff going on here!
evans306 (at) mac.com
- RT @gcouros: What would schools look like if educators thought of themselves as innovators, not just developing the next generation of inno… 1 day ago
- RT @RunSoulCycle: Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It's our goal in life to find it. 3 days ago
- RT @pernilleripp: Use technology to share ideas, focus on positivity, easy way to share small "sunshine" moments also to parents #satchat 3 days ago
- RT @calgaryherald: RT @anstevens99: this afternoon was the worst I have seen in 18 years. Two foot snow drifts in left lane on Deerfoot & b… 1 week ago
- RT @metrocalgary: CBE says Tuesday bus service has been cancelled due to weather conditions. Schools will still be open; parents can send k… 1 week ago